Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I heart TMZ.com

It would seem my new obsession is reading the celebrity gossip on TMZ.com. They update multiple times a day, so really, it is far better than waiting on the next issue of People to come out. I'm not sure why I am so fascinated by stars and their downfalls, but I am. And I always have been. It probably started with an innocent addiction to National Enquirer as a child. My grandmother read it--why couldn't I? As a teenager, I graduated to Teen Bop and 17 magazine. And may I just say......

Oh

My

God


My Duran Duran centerfolds were just as tantalizing as the latest Playboy of the month was to the teenage boys. Those Wild Boys can be so cheeky!



But I digress.....



As an adult I got cable TV. You have a ton of choices here, but probably the best know is Entertainment Television.


Who does not remember ET and Liesa Gibbons talking about the scandals in Tinsel Town? I always knew who was screwing who--where--and with what!


Why, they even had entire networks *just* devoted to dishing out every little tidbit they can find on the jet set.



But I hadn't seen anything yet!



Three words--world wide web. Yes, yes, yes. It has opened a world of opportunities for voyeurs like myself. Those who wish they could have been stars, but lacked the gusto. And yes, I can be honest--those like myself who are so jealous they cannot see straight. Man, I love it when Brittany has a break down. Or when a Baldwin gets arrested. What? Lohan was drinking again? Bring it on! I have nothing better to do. *sinister grin* Plus it gives me lots to talk about at parties!





It is probably no coincidence that one of my favorite childhood songs was "Dirty Laundry" by Don Henley. So, in honor of all my wacked out, drugged up, plastic injected, dog wearing, pretend cyber friend celebs, I post the lyrics!





I make my living off the evening news

Just give me something-something I can use

People love it when you lose,

They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor,

but I wound up here

I just have to look good,

I don't have to be clear

Come and whisper in my ear

Give us dirty laundry

Kick em when they're up

Kick em when they're down

Kick em when they're up

Kick em when they're down

Kick em when they're up

Kick em when they're down

Kick em when they're up

Kick em all around


We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who

Comes on at five

She can tell you bout the plane crash with a gleam

In her eye

Its interesting when people die-

Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?

Is the head dead yet?

You know, the boys in the newsroom got a

Running bet

Get the widow on the set!

We need dirty laundry

You don't really need to find out whats going on

You don't really want to know just how far its gone

Just leave well enough alone

Eat your dirty laundry

Kick em when they're up

Kick em when they're down

Kick em when they're up

Kick em when they're down

Kick em when they're up

Kick em when they're down

Kick em when they're stiff

Kick em all around

Dirty little secrets

Dirty little lies

We got our dirty little fingers

in everybodys pie

We love to cut you down to size

We love dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo

We can dance and sing

When its said and done

we haven't told you a thing

We all know that crap is king

Give us dirty laundry!

No comments: