Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ways in which I will not win Mother of the Year any time soon...



1. When school was cancelled for snow, I had a Valentine's cake that was now rendered useless since the party was going to be rescheduled. We ate it for breakfast. It was my Bill Cosby moment.




2. Falling asleep for 2 hours while my children are watching tv. I only woke up because The Boy walked in announcing he was "bored" from watching so much tv.




3. Letting The Girl wear her pjs until well after lunch almost any day we are home.




4. Allowing bedrooms to look like a grand war was staged in them....the toys exploded...the causalities were too high to count.




5. Encouraging cooperative play through video games...as long as they are playing nice and not crying, whining, hitting, spitting, or tantrum throwing, they can play for as long as they want.




6. Letting The Boy wear short sleeve on 20 degree days simply because he dressed himself and it managed to match. He can wear a jacket if we go out.




7. Finding out (after the fact) that my children have taken plastic coke bottles, play dough and PUSH PINS and made rather impressive space ships.




8. Applauding that decision by taking pictures and posting on my blog.


No comments: